Meal Plan Monday - May 8



I had a big grocery shopping trip for this week and spent around $100. I was expecting the increase in the cost of groceries since reading The Daniel Plan and deciding that I wanted to make some changes in our diet.



I bought some different fruits and vegetables and I bought grapeseed oil and olive oil (two oils recommended in The Daniel Plan) that I found on clearance. The oils are much more expensive than the cooking oil that I had been using and I was pleasantly surprised to find them on clearance.



Apples were on sale for $.99. I bought a lot of them and have been eating one in the afternoon for a snack when I normally have a craving for something sweet.



These eggs were on clearance for just $1 each! The regular price is over $3 a dozen.

Here's our meal plan for this week:


Breakfast

Cereal
Plain Yogurt with Muesli and blueberries
Omelet or scrambled eggs, toast with peanut butter
Hard boiled egg, banana
Bagel, banana
Homemade Instant Oatmeal with blueberries


Dinner

Chicken Caesar Wraps, carrot and cucumber sticks
Lemon Chicken, Broccoli, French Onion Soup
Crockpot Beef and Veggie Stew, biscuits
Pizza with whole wheat crust, salad
Hamburgers, Potato Wedges, peas
Chicken Noodle Soup, leftover biscuits
Chicken Taco Salad, cucumber sticks


0 comments :